Thursday, June 6, 2013

Yesterday, when I was young.

Only cowboys wore guns.

Toys were made from metal and actually got handed down to the next in line.

If you had a dog you didn't walk behind him picking up his leavings. After all he was the dumb animal.

If you bought something you expected it to work properly...for a long time.

You could find fresh, ripe, delicious fruit and vegetables. And, just like oil, milk, bread, coal and ice someone delivered to you.

A triple feature was three consecutive movies costing as little as $.25.

A Saturday afternoon matinee involved those same film cowboys chasing film Indians. With an episode of the current serial tossed in...and cartoons, of course.

Jules Verne spawned a thing called "Science Fiction", which, of course, is now all fact.

Cigarettes were cheap, life expectancy short...go figure!

Once again there was a war to end all wars.

When you wrote some one,............skip it you wouldn't understand.

Cars and planes had fins.

Gas was $.12 per gal.

Politicians were.......Mother said, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything!".............


3 comments:

  1. Max - I think the end of the baby boom saw many of these things fade. You had Ted and DiMaggio, I was lucky enough to have Yaz and, well Reggie. Curt Flood made it so guys like Reggie would spawn guys like, well, ARod and Barry . . . . definitely not the best sports analogies. I love your pics - I can relate to Fla, not Roma yet . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. Keep writing such kind of info on
    your site. Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You have done an incredible job. I'll definitely digg it and in my opinion recommend to my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this site.

    my web blog cheap jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent issues altogether, you just received
    a new reader. What could you suggest about your submit
    that you made some days in the past? Any sure?



    Check out my web site :: how to create binaural beats

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. If you have comments I would be happy to see them. Hope to hear from you.