Monday, June 17, 2013

Can we talk?

I just watched another conversation. It's easy here. Most conversations verbal and visual. To tie an the hands of Fabrizio is to render him speechless. Here is a functioning generalization of an Italian, passionate, generous, voluble and often volatile. Works for me. 

Since my definition of conversation involves a minimum of two humans, the minimum is never in doubt here. 

Once I found a charge on one of my bills for a missed appointment. The appointment was with my online provider in Florida. When I made the follow-up call, I was told that there had been a conversation regarding my appointment on  some given date. When I replied that on that given day, as well as the day of the appointment I had been over 6000 miles away, here is what I got..."Our computer called and left a message. That may have qualified as a message, but since no humans were involved, not as a conversation. The following "conversation" was a bit more heated and eventually ,I got a refund...then changed providers!

As a youth several of us would debate the worlds' problems, we solved all of them. No one listened. Guess it also matters who the conversation is with!

I hate speed-speak! You know, when some teen-ager talks so fast that he almost bites himself. Its rude and is only acceptable if he does bite himself...severely!!! Speech and communication skills should be enjoyable, not a competition. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. If you have comments I would be happy to see them. Hope to hear from you.