Sunday, June 16, 2013

Open

Yesterday, while in my "office" I tried to help someone an as a result got into an interesting conversation. To set the stage, I saw/heard Kevin talking with another customer about apartments. Showing my usual restraint (none), I went over, introduced myself and proceeded to tell her about the agency I had used and a couple of other possibilities. She called Richard, left a message and sat back in anticipation. 

As we did the usual,"where are you from, do you like Rome?" thing, two more friends came by and now its a party of four. My new friend Lara is a lawyer and she is from Malta. Nigist , an architectural student from Ethiopia married to Philipp an economist from Switzerland...stage...Roma, only Roma! 

So here I sit, an old delivery driver discussing topics, situations and life just down the the street from the opening set (S.Andrea della Valle) of a world renowned opera. You gotta' love it!

The feeling is that we Americans are more "open" and they have their own back-up stories to prove it. Me? Guess I'm another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. If you have comments I would be happy to see them. Hope to hear from you.