Monday, June 10, 2013

Truth or consequences

Here a few of the adjectives attributed to me over the years; cynic, skeptic,disbeliever, negative. And here are my alternatives; pragmatist or realist. lastly, a definition of cynicism. Cynicism was first a school of philosophy expressing contempt for wealth and pleasure, but currently defined as the distrust of the apparent motives of others. All of the adjectives seem to fit under the umbrella except negative.It is not listed for any of the other terms as either  synonym or antonym...no relevance or relationship.

As I previously stated, I believe that all people are inherently good...not that they remain that way. In many "need" becomes "greed", idealism morphs into "let's make a deal" and "bottom line" trumps "human needs". You don't have to ponder long on this, it's pretty much "point and shoot" truth. 

So if I believe in what's in front of my face...how is that negative? True, real yes. I am neither a philosopher or a Pollyanna. I do not expect everyone to be nice, just that they start from a nice base---and alter into their final selves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. If you have comments I would be happy to see them. Hope to hear from you.