Thursday, June 6, 2013

Just Sayin'

Only a short time ago...shorter than the skirts these "foreign studies students" are wearing, they didn't even have as much skin as they are showing tonight!

More street merchants, fewer kids with cups.

Cobblestones are cheap. Both price-wise and installation. But, they are not friendly to anything trying to move across them. Such as wheels, feet or backs!

The last time I spent this much time in Rome I didn't eat pizza for six months upon return...and there is no Santarpio's in Florida!

A man and his wife sitting on their balcony, another leaning out his window...watching and listening to life-Paradise!

Kids here are surrounded by wild, demonstrative, unconditional love.

If any of my old English teachers happen upon this...Death by blog???????????

I'm not doing a damned thing, just sitting, enjoying life. What more is there to say?

All of you stateside are sitting there saying, "Who the hell is this?" Your Father, your brother, your friend the one you don't know as well as you thought.

I've known one since I was 13, the other perhaps longer. While I sit here jotting these notes and trying to recover from another of life's unexpected twists, one sits in rehab over 6000 miles distant trying to get through his own problems. And, the other, even more distant is , ironically doing the same thing as I am jotting things down. Good luck to all three of us.

2 comments:

  1. "Are you talking to me"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I publish these pieces they are for general consumption, so yes,as ungrammatically correct as my anonymous responder is...I am talking to you, all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. If you have comments I would be happy to see them. Hope to hear from you.