Saturday, February 20, 2016

Today's Grumbles

1.) We are in the midst of a typical election year. There are plenty of terrible candidates and not a single good one in sight. People out of the past, that I detested then, seem marginally better than the self-proclaimed "white knight" from the other side. Right now I long for Pat Paulsen. He was a legitimate comedian. His candidacy was a joke, but that was the plan. Today's farce is purported to be real, to count, the outcome a new leader. It could end up real...a real tragedy!


2.) Animal species survive because of fear and it's close cousin paranoia. You last longer when you avoid the fight!


3.) You accuse me of being judgmental. Wait, what did you just do? Perhaps the difference between discernment and being judgmental is in who is declaring the crime!


4.) The hurt in the statement is frequently directly proportional to the truth!


5.) There are four guys at the table playing with their phones. Meanwhile the food chills. Waitress! Our food is cold. She can't hear them...she is on her phone! File under "Just desserts."


6.) The right of free speech allows you to speak freely, but doesn't condone it.


7.) He's a drunk!
      She's an addict!
      I'm functioning!...also in denial.


8.) Open carry is certainly an open threat to everyone within the kill range.


9.) "Just friends" as if that's a lower case position. Friendship has no quantifiers where most other relationships do.


10.) A cynic disagrees with a situation while a realist accepts it...yet the cynic is scorned. Why?


11.) What your children do in public is a reflection, as is what you do in public also reflects upon...


12.)My public schooling ended with my sole graduation at age 17. Transposing those digits I continue in my on-going  living education into my eighth generation. Hoping it lasts a while.


13.) Another "debate"? What happened to the rules? The protocol? The decorum? Damn! That fellow has a horrendous case of "Bellicose  veins"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. If you have comments I would be happy to see them. Hope to hear from you.